Tips For Keeping Your Windows Safe For The Whole Family
There is so much to consider when making a family and child safe home, but window safety is extremely important and something that should not be overlooked. As you plan and prepare to welcome a new baby or maybe you’re moving into a new space, consider the tips that we have out together to ensure that you have done what you can to create a safe and happy home! Living in comfort and peace of mind is one of the best gifts that you can give your family, so create a space full of it with our help.
When creating a happy and functional home, safety is of top priority. Here are a few tips to think through and implement in your house:
- Create rules & a layout which discourages playing near windows or glass & screen doors. It can be so easy for a child – or anyone for that matter – to accidentally fall and break the glass or the screen. Carefully choosing areas in which play will take place can help to alleviate those types of issues.
- Choose window coverings and blinds without cordage as to not be a choking hazard for kids and pets.
- Avoid putting furniture near windows that easily open or are opened on a regular basis.
- Make sure that your window and door locks work properly and are child safe.
- Do not paint or nail your windows shut in case of an emergency where you need to get out of it.
- Always be sure that you have at least one window in each room that can be easily opened by an adult in case of an emergency situation.
- Practice as a family your window and door escape systems so you can perform under pressure if need be.
Although taking these extra precautious can sometimes take extra time and resources, it is one of the best things you could ever invest in! Safety is one thing that you wish you cared about more, before you needed to. If there is any way that we can further assist you, or if you are in need of newer and safer windows and doors for your home, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! As your Tampa Bay residential window company, we are here to make sure your home is as happy and functional as possible.